Tuesday, January 25, 2011

fresh start

Finally-a name, a design, a beginnng....and a blank mind.

I'm an actress. It's just a small part really, but each part is so important to the whole show.  I can hear the other performers on stage. Found a chair in the corner backstage, I'm sitting here hearsing and rehearsing my lines. "My life is valuable." Yes, that's my line. That's all I have to say. But, somehow, under the lights, on stage, with the whole audience watching... it's like having to recite the Gettysburg Address from memory. Only, I've never memorized that, so I might stand there like a fool and have absolutely nothing to say; my mind as blank as the first page in a notebook. "My life is valuable, My life is valuable, My life is valuable." It's okay...it's going to be okay...I was made for this part.

No comments: