Wednesday, July 18, 2012

laugh-a-doodle

Is it even legal to post on a blog twice in the same day?

Probably not.

I've already driven above the posted speed limit. Eaten whipping cream over raspberries three times. Visited Target two separate times. I'm breaking all the rules today.Why stop now...

***
The curly topped fairy made me laugh so much today, more than is probably good for a person. In case you haven't reached your funny limit for the day I thought I might help...

The floor beneath our dining room table is dangerous. Dangerously crummy. And I threatened to vacuum it. "No!" she cried,"If you vacuum it I will run away! (long thoughtful pause) Could you please use a silent vacuum?"

Evie and Daddy are working together to memorize Psalm 103. "Bless the Lord...," she says," Who forgives all your iniquilies."

Ready for a trip to Wasau, she assured me that she would pack all she needed. And this is what fills her bag...
1 pair fleecy jammies
1 sunhat
2 tank tops
1 pair of socks
1 bag of hair bows
"I'm all packed!" she declared.

Supper was finished, she was off to play while we chatted at the table for a few more minutes. We were interrupted by a cry of utter delight. "I went poopy in my potty chair!" We ran to celebrate the happy moment. But something was not right. In the corner of the room was the removed diaper, with evidence of it's previous cargo. In the potty chair was the refuse, flattened. I asked of these details, and she admitted the truth. The evidence had been planted. What the girl won't do for a little celebration...

Tantrum-splosion. Everything offended and then....a small doll in the corner caught her eye. The tears and wailing stopped. "That's for my dollhouse," she said happily, standing up from her flattened tantrum position,"I will go play with that!"

I found her blanket on the couch, the corner soaked. I asked her what happened. "A man came in and did it. And this is how it is," she said sadly.

And then she laughed herself to sleep....

No comments: