Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

Posted by Picasa
There is something inside of me that melts every time I see that little face.

How sweet it was to be handed a card this morning with colored "words" on the left side that daddy had to translate into English on the right side. It made my heart skip a beat to read sweet things about being the best mommy ever. I don't know if I'm the best mommy ever...but I will spend my life trying. How I desire to proclaim God's love as I cook meals, clean up messes, change diapers, snuggle, clean up scraped knees, laugh and play.

I am blessed beyond words to have been raised and loved by a mother who selflessly serves. She lives her life in service to all those around her, asking nothing in return. I see in her heart a true greatness and beauty that cannot be measured by any earthly standard. She is a treasure and I am proud to call her my mother...and my friend.

Happy Mothers Day to you!






No comments: