Tuesday, January 17, 2012

hold my hand

From the moment I opened my eyes this morning, I knew that this day would be remarkable.

Evie's sing song voice called me from my dreams and into the reality of a warm bed and the sunshine streaming in my windows. Such beauty. And better still, that my love was sound asleep beside me. He did not have work today. Such a mixed blessing that is. Money isn't made with idle hands, but money pales in comparison to the sweetness of togetherness. The day feels better with him in every moment. 

Much was accomplished. We crossed the "dones" off of our "to-do". We read Curious George books to our sparkly eyed princess. We cried when we received some disappointing news. We talked. We laughed. We went to Wal-Mart (and laughed some more). We walked through our day hand-in-hand.

I am a blessed woman.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Such a sweet love story! Everyday things done with the love of your life...