Wednesday, February 9, 2011

train ride to nowhere

I'm looking for some thoughts to write here but can't seem to focus my mind on creating more than a few sentances when my train of thought derails. I hop on another train and the same thing happens. Writer's block? Maybe. Or, perhaps it's my conscience trying to get me up off this chair to attack the laundry baskets full of clean laundry, the dirty dishes beside the sink, the toy-spolosion in my living room, the pile of things in the basement that need to be recorded on a tax-deductible sheet so they can be donated or the host of other things that are calling out from the 'to-do' list that I wrote them on yesterday. Who wants to read about that?

Let's try again...

It has been a long, cold winter. A snowy, long, cold winter. The kind of winter that I always hoped for as a child. Where has the wonder gone? It's buried under a snowdrift, I'm afraid, and it's stuck there until spring. Kind of like our nativity scene from Christmas. Walking past our house you might see a few heads stuck in the snow...don't worry, it's Mary and Joseph. Poor baby Jesus is buried beneath the snow.

Shoot, another train bites the dust. This a lousy excuse for a blog post but I can't bear to think that all this time would have gone to waste. And so, I suppose I should rise from this chair and to the occasion...and get to work.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, Sara. You are funny.